Move out of the way kids. I've been waiting for Toy Story 3 for ELEVEN years.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Toy Story 1 November 22, 1995


Toy Story 2 November 19, 1999

Toy Story 3 June 18, 2010

As you can see, it took more than 3 years for the second sequel to be released and 11 years for the third one. I was born on 1996, a year after the first Toy Story, but I still remember watching it every single day, alongside Mulan. They say that any memories you thought you have before the age of 4 are just images your brain portrays, maybe due to the stories your parents or guardians told you, but I really do know that I watched it every single day for maybe a year or two. Every time I watch it, Toy Story brings back childhood memories. It makes me want to become a kid again, when the hardest decision was picking a crayon.


I was 3 years old when Toy Story 2 was released, still under 4, but I do remember watching it. Disney airs both movies from time to time, and I never fail to not watch them. As soon as I read the news that there will be a Toy Story 3, I probably froze. When I saw the trailer, I was literally jumping up and down, telling, or more like shouting, to my parents that we should watch it the first day it shows in our country. And while I was doing that for the whole length of the trailer, my little siblings (I'm the eldest) were like, 'What the in freaking hell is wrong with her? Isn't she a teenager and we are supposed to be the ones doing that?' (They didn't really particularly say it, but it was written all over their face.) So here it comes, the showing day of Toy Story 3. I pleaded, begged, knelt down before my parents to watch Toy Story 3, but my dad said it wasn't a good movie. And I was (secretly) like, 'Have you even watched it?! Or the trailer even?!' (But if I said that, I would probably be dead by now, so I just kept quiet) It took me a week before I could watch it, but the long wait did pay off. We watched it in 3D. :D


So, the movie was starting and I was practically suppressing myself from screaming so I ended up silently squealing. It was so exciting, I can't even stay still on my seat. And here comes the movie..... (There are some, or  maybe a lot of spoilers coming up so if you haven't watched the movie yet and don't want any of these, you might want to skip this paragraph.) I seriously LAUGHED OUT LOUD when buster came in. He's so old and fat there. Good thing he's still alive. Other parts that made me laugh so hard was Buzz' 'Spanish Mode'. So... hysterical. But there were two parts that really made me want to cry, but my family beside me prevents me from doing so. They I have no idea I'm so emotional (but no, I don't cut myself, as I said before). The first one was the part that they were almost to be burned, along with other scraps, and they could do nothing about it. Nothing. There was no chance of them getting back up, for the burning of the scraps was so fast, they kept going down. Since they have nothing to do, Buzz started holding Jessie's hand, and there was a chain of holding hands. It was such a touching move that everyone did. Lesson learned: If there is really nothing, nothing you could do about it, might as well fall and face tragic destiny with your friends, holding on, never letting go. The second part of the movie which made me teary was the ending, when Andy was passing on his toys to Bonnie Anderson. Andy described each toy he had, what roles they played. And while he was passing each one on, you could feel the emotions he had, the memories and flashbacks he remembered and the experiences he went through with these toys. He even played with them for the last time with Bonnie before he went to college. Lesson learned: Time would never stop. There are some things you have to let go, but what you should never let go is the memories you had with these treasures.

My super-secret-which-wouldn't-be-secret-anymore-corner: I bought toys, yes, toys, after the movie. There was a store selling outside the cinema, and I was really tempted to buy one or two. I had to plead (again) to let my parents buy me, not one, but two toys. You guessed it, Woody and Buzz. Woody had suction cups on his hands and feet while Buzz was a walking toy. It was embarrassing but I still didn't regret buying them. And another super duper secret: I am attracted, like, really attracted, to Andy. I feel like he's a childhood friend of mine that became hotter when he's a teenager. :">

Once in a while, it never hurts to become a child again. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Panj. :)) Nice pleading, joke. =) Your post made me remember about my childhood memories. Awww. Nice. Nice. Excellent, just like the first one. :D Totally Love it.

Panjee Hernandez said...

Thanks Lo! And the super duper effort!!! :"> :>>>

Post a Comment