Cameras

Friday, July 16, 2010



camera is a device that records images. These images may be still photographs or moving images such as videos or movies. The term camera comes from the camera obscura (Latin for "dark chamber"), an early mechanism for projecting images. The modern camera evolved from the camera obscura.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera

There are a lot of different types of cameras. There's the camera phone, digital camera, digital single lens reflex camera, twin lens reflex camera, movie camera, video camera, toy camera (which in fact, are misleading since they can still take photographs) But the purpose of this post is not to elaborate each one but to just share some ideas I have, some things I saw and other things related to the camera.

The camera, a long time ago, was most likely used to take formal pictures. I have never seen an old photograph using the old camera whose subject used a peace sign pose. The photographs usually were school pictures, family pictures, portraits and the like. But now, you could see almost everything in the pictures and they do not only come in hard copy, but also in soft copy. Picturing one's self is also possible with the handy cameras invented now.

A few hours ago, though, I became very much interested in old cameras, and I decided collecting them. I immediately searched for the oldest camera we have after looking through a lot of old cameras in deviant art. The camera was probably thirteen years old (same age as mine) but I couldn't call it old since I saw cameras that were 60 years old and if I called it old, I would be old too. Not cool.

Anyways, cameras produce photographs. Photographs bring back memories, but have you ever thought the camera itself bring back more memories? Think about it; you brought it to places, took pictures with it but some pictures were lost therefore, the only memory of the place, event and experience lies, not only in your brain, but also in the camera. I like old cameras even more because when you look through it, it makes you have flashbacks, maybe not only of your own, but also flashbacks of other people who used the camera. It is kinda creepy, but still awesome.

As I said before, I looked through a hell lot of pictures of old cameras, here are some. They aren't my favorites but they are the latest ones I've seen.
If there are cameras, there are bound to be camera accessories. I am now practically obsessed with them right now. I WANT ONE! It's my birthday on the 22nd this month so... you know, if you wanna make me happy... :> 


My super-secret-which-wouldn't-be-secret-anymore-corner: I was asking my classmates and other people if I can have their old, non-working cameras. O.o Maybe rude, but meh. They're probably not using them anymore, so I might as well have them rather than they throw it away. BUT I STILL LOVE THE RETRO CAMERA NECKLACES. I wonder where can I buy one here... I don't wanna try ordering online. My parents would kill me. Unless I ask their permission. Meh. But ordering online is my second option. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment