Music ties with Mood

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well, the first post was an epic fail.

I wasn't able to shamelessly post the days after that because of school. I'm getting sick of it. Very. A lot of times come wherein I just wish I could take a break for a day but I always find myself waking up at 5am in the morning next day to go to a school which I am lucky to be in. Don't get me wrong, I love my school. It's just sometimes, there is too much for me to take. In able to still be alive and breathing on instances like that, what do I do? I listen to music of course. :D

Music is a friend, a companion. With whatever you are feeling, it can always, and I mean always, relate. When you're upset and lonely; music comforts you. When you're jubilant and feeling alive; music celebrates with you. When you're having a boring day; music gives you a mood. Music can also give you experiences you might never go through, stories you have never heard, mistakes you have to learn from, metaphors that make you think, and a wider perspective of the world.

Particular music gives me a particular mood and I have no freakin' idea how that works. A great example (on my part) is the album of Owl City, 'Ocean Eyes'. It gives me a very happy and overwhelming feeling and, again, I have no effin' idea why. There must be something to its beat or melody. Another somewhat similar feeling I have is when I listen to NeverShoutNever. I feel cute but I don't feel I'm cute. Hell NO! I find Christofer Drew and his music very cute. Cook and Archuleta's songs make me have flashbacks. Their concert was the first one I attended. (I meant, concert with two foreign singers in it) Yiruma's awesome piano pieces give me a feeling of peace. They are simply lovely. Lady Gaga's songs make me feel... dance-y and fun. I'm not really fond of the messages of her songs (considering my young age of 13) but everything else about it is explicitly wonderful. Adam Lambert's songs, covers and everything he sings makes me dreamy. Why? I am a Glambert, and proud of it. I don't give a damn if he's gay, at least he still sings good music. And I read the news that he will be performing here on October 10, which is a Sunday but hopefully, I would be allowed to hear his angelic voice and see his epic performance. I have heard he has a boosting level of stage presence. Maybe I should write a whole post about him. Anyway, those are some specific music that never fail to change my mood, no matter the time.

My super-secret-which-wouldn't-be-secret-anymore-corner: It's cliche, but I cry myself to sleep while sad music is playing. Yeah, I'm emotional like that. :P But I never tried to cut myself. I'm too scared. O.o And it's against the 5th commandment of God. :) I also feel comforted when listening to music whenever I have a problem and choose to not tell anyone about it. Yes, being lonely was my choice but I have personal reasons but don't get me wrong, my friends are the best. :)(I might put this corner in every post that I have. Just maybe.)

With all the things music has done for me, I could call it a paradigm of the bestest friend.

Thanks Music! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment